Type of Degrees offered in USA
Associate Degree: Academic Degree of 2 years is awarded by Community Colleges. Completion of an associate degree can lead to a transfer to the remaining 2 years of a bachelor’s Degree in a high-ranked university having an articulated agreement with the community college.
Bachelor’s Degree: It is Commonly known as Undergraduate Degree and the duration is of 4 years. For Ex: Bachelor of Arts (B. A.) or Bachelor of Science(B.S.)
Masters Degree: The duration generally for all the master’s courses is of 2 years. Common examples of master’s degrees are Masters of Arts (MA), Masters of Science (MS), Masters of Engineering (MEng), and Master of Business Administration. But for courses like Masters in Management, MEng. Degrees, LLM etc. the duration may be of one year
Doctorate: Commonly known as Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). The duration may range from 3-5 years. PhD students need to submit a research proposal as well as must appear on Standardized Tests i.e. GRE/GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS for admission.
Entry criteria for Masters program
- US universities accept 16 years of education (12+4) B.E., B. Tech, Bachelor of Pharmacy and Bachelor of Physiotherapy.
- Academic Percentage: 58% and above with minimum backlogs.
- Acceptable scores of Standardized Tests: GRE: 300+, GMAT: 500+ TOEFL: 79, IELTS: 6.5 overall band.
- Other factors that are looked in are the extra curricular activities that the student has been involved in, the research that the student has done in his subject. His documents such as Resume, Letters of Recommendations & Statement of Purpose are also very crucial and must be drafted very effectively.
ACT – American College Testing
- The ACT is a standardized achievement test for College and University admissions in the United States produced by ACT, Inc.
- Composite score on a range of 36 & sub scores range from 1 to 18
- Test duration 3 hours 40 min (English ‐45 minutes, Mathematics‐60 minutes, Reading – 35 minutes, Science‐ 35 minutes, Optional Writing – 30 minutes)
- Test conducted 5 times a year in months of September, October, December, April and June.
- Scores received after 5 weeks of the test date and can be reported till the coming Thursday after the test date.
- The ACT – Test fee with No Writing option is $150
- The ACT Plus Writing – Test fee is $166.5
- Additional Scores Reporting : $13 per test date per report
Top MNC’s with their Head-quarters in US