GERMANY at a Glance:
Germany officially the Federal Republic of Germany, is a country in Central Europe. It is bordered to the north by the North Sea, Denmark, and the Baltic Sea; to the east by Poland and the Czech Republic; to the south by Austria and Switzerland; and to the west by France, Luxembourg, Belgium, and the Netherlands.
Area and Population
The territory of Germany covers 357,021 km² and is influenced by a temperate seasonal climate. With over 82 million inhabitants, it has the largest population of any member state of the European Union and is home to the third-largest number of international migrants worldwide.
Germany is one of the most highly developed industrial nations in the world and, after the USA and Japan has the world’s third largest national economy. With a population of 82.3 million Germany is also the largest and most important market in the European Union(EU).
Germany is a land of ideas. Education, science and research play a central role here. In a Europe free of borders and a world of globalized markets, education lays the basis enabling us to exploit the opportunities open borders and worldwide knowledge networks offer. Germany is one of the countries most preferred by foreign students, a hub of cutting-edge international research and a constant source of new patents.
Why study in Germany
3rd World’s biggest country with international students Master & Bachelor Programs Available.
- Most of the Goverment Universities don’t charge tuition fee & some charge as low as 500 Euro – 1500 Euro Per semester – Private universities charge tuition fee from 7000 Euro – 10,000 Euro Per Year Very Low Tuition Fee.
- World’s Top Technical Universities & Hospitality University.
- Attracted by international study programmes, excellent research opportunities and low tuition fee more than 2,50,000 international students come to there to study.
- Average monthly living expenses are estimated to be between 500 – 600 Euro / Month.
- Part-time jobs allowed 20 hours per week.
- Easy Visa Processing – 45 – 60 Days.
- Students are allowed to stay for one year after the completion of the study program. Your work permit could be further extended by that employer.
- Country’s strong economic position has also led to the use of German as the preferred language of commerce in a number of Eastern European countries.
- Learning German language will open the doors to various cultural centers of Europe: Berlin, Vienna, Geneva, Zurich, Frankfurt and Munich.
- Permanent Residency permission within 5 years of working full-time in Germany.
- Minimum documentation required for visa process.
- Germany is the only country in the World where completion of study programs in Universities is normally followed by paid internships in top MNCs that ultimately lead to full-time placement.
- English is the Medium of instruction for many program.
- It is an exciting opportunity to learn a foreign language and culture. You can come for short study visit or to complete your degree.
- Numerous Scholarships are available.
- High standard of living.
- Cultural experience and fascinating history After working for 1 yr can apply for Green card and work for 5 yrs can apply for PR.
- Member of the European Union therefore student get’s Schengen Visa.
- Spouse can go in Tourist Visa
- Two Visa Application Forms (please make sure that both forms are duly filled out and signed indicating especially the address of your future residence in Germany – (question 15) as well as your complete address including telephone No. and E-Mail-address in India).
- Signed Declaration on True and Complete Information
- Three passport pictures according to biometric specifications
- Visa fee to be paid through Demand Draft made out to the “Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany” in New Delhi
- Valid passport with a validity of at least 12 months along with two copies of all printed pages
- Cover letter from applicant, explaining the exact purpose and duration of your stay in Germany
- Letter of admission from the German University
- Proof that study fees have been paid, if applicable. In case the fees are not paid or due yet, proof has to be provided that the necessary amount will be at the applicant’s disposal in due course of time
- School Leaving Certificate of Secondary School
- University Certificates (Degree Certificates and Mark Sheets)
- Proof of Language Proficiency (TOEFL / IELTS, original and A 4 sized copy). Exemptions do apply in case of a written confirmation from the University that this requirement may be waived, for applicants for PhD / Doctorate studies and Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Holders.
- Proof of accommodation is required in order to fill the same in visa form & to attach in the file.
- Proof of financial means to cover the costs for the time of your studies by any of the following means:
- Confirmation of scholarship/ Stipend
- Formal sponsorship letter from a sponsor living in Germany (“Verpflichtungserklärung” according to Article 68 German Residence Act)
- Blocked account (“Sperrkonto”) in Germany in the name of the applicant showing a minimum balance of Euro 7905, & the remark that the account holder can dispose of a monthly amount of Euro 659.
- For information with regard to the procedure of opening a blocked account in Germany please contact a bank in Germany or an international bank of your choice.
- Confirmation of an annually renewable bank guarantee from a bank in Germany in the amount of Euro 7905
- It is highly recommended that that the money transfer is made by international bank transfer. Do not send bank demand drafts, money orders or cheque to open the block account.
- From the moment of entering the Federal Republic of Germany you are upon request required to provide proof of a valid Health Insurance. This may be done through a regular Travel Health Insurance bought in India.
The German Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents! Important Facts to remember during file submitting:
- All the documents mentioned above should be in A4 size only & should be translated in English Language.
- All applicants have to personally sign Declaration 55 and Travel Health Insurance Notice.
- Please remember to take the courier charges of Rs.1500 from the student if they would like us to courier the blocked account details to Germany.
- 2 sets of documents are required.
- Personal appearance at German embassy is mandatory for all applicants.
Link to check VISA Fee-http://www.vfs-germany.co.in/visafees.aspx
Link to check VISA Fee-www.new-delhi.diplo.de
- Approx. 45-60 days
- Student has to show the confirmation of fee receipt, after the payment of tuition fees.
- But in case there is a less fee & that student has to pay after arrival in Germany, then in that case student has to show Saving Account statement showing the sufficient balance that student is able to pay his tuition fees.
- Also student has to show the income proof of his earning family member like parents, & it should include salary account statement or salary slips, etc. – (It is required as embassy ask from where you will going to bear your next year living expenses so student can show this that his family is earning this much that they can support him for further studies & for further living)
- Sponsorship letter is also required from parents.
- Any third party can also sponsor so, in that case income proof of third party, sponsorship letter from third party & relationship proof will be required.